2012-2013 Speaking Engagements
- August 5 and 12, 2012- First Baptist Church, Decatur, GA
- September 9 and 16, 2012- Edgewood Church, Decatur, GA
- September 14, 2012- Conference on Evangelicals and Peacemaking, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- October 17-19, 2012- University of Oldenberg, Emden, Germany
- October 21, 2012- First Baptist Church, Cornelia, GA
- October 23-27, 2012- Fundacion Universitaria Bautista, Bali, Colombia
- November 13, 2012- Center for Religion and Society Lecture, Roanoke College, Roanoke, VA
- November 17-19, 2012- American Academy of Religion Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL
- November 29, 2012- Climate Change Consultation, Duke University, Durham, NC
- February 7-9, 2013- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- February 22-24, 2013- Piedmont College, Demorest, GA
- March 4-8, 2013- Bucharest and Timisoara, Romania
- April 4-6, 2013- Wheaton Theology Conference, Chicago, IL
- April 18-19, 2013- Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA
- April 20, 2013- All Saints Episcopal Church, Pasadena, CA
- July 12-13, 2013- Evangelicals for Social Action 40th Anniversary Conference
Dr. Gushee can be found most Sunday Mornings at 10am teaching his "Seeking the Kingdom" Bible Study class at First Baptist Church in Decatur, GA. He is open to occasional preaching opportunities on Sundays and on Wednesdays, and seminars, revivals, Bible Studies, etc., just invite him!
If you would like Dr. Gushee to speak to your organization download and complete the speaking request form and email it back to email@example.com.
Shortened Bio for Speaking Engagements
David Gushee is Distinguished University Professor of Christian Ethics and Director of the Center for Theology and Public Life at Mercer University. Professor Gushee, who teaches both undergraduate and seminary students, is the author, co-author, or editor of fifteen books in ethics, including Righteous Gentiles of the Holocaust (Paragon House, 1994/2003) and Kingdom Ethics (2003), and most recently The Sacredness of Human Life (Eerdmans, 2012). A noted progressive evangelical scholar, activist, and commentator on issues of faith and public life for outlets such as USA Today, Huffington Post and the Washington Post, Dr. Gushee, his wife Jeanie, and their cat Noah reside in Atlanta, Georgia, along with their grown children when they visit. He is a rabid Atlanta Braves fan and, at 50, still enjoys playing tennis with his students.